[R] Error message for .csv file

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:43:21 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:07 AM, vkent <vivien.kent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what the error message:
> Error in NN[i, 1:length(od)] <- od : subscript out of bounds

It means that either i ends up being larger than the number of rows in
NN, or that length(od) ends up being larger than the number of

More than that we can't tell you without more information, like, say,
a reproducible example, or at least some information like
and where i comes from.

How you got the csv file into R might also be relevant, or not.

> means for a large .csv file containing gps coordinates. I am using package
> SPACECAP and have successfully run it with other .csv files but now keep
> getting this error message. I can't see anything wrong with the file which
> is simply three columns of data.
> I am relatively new to R and am at a loss as to what I can do to correct
> this.
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks
> Vivien