[R] Reliability metric

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 22:25:11 CEST 2011

On Sep 9, 2011, at 3:14 PM, Halabi, Anan wrote:

> Hi,
> Below is the code I write,
> I am trying to create a metric of h and t while the values is out of
> function R.
> First I have message warning

It is only a warning.

> Second, the metric is not created

What "not created" means has already been question by Weylandt. What
you seem to have missed in your introductory material is the concept
of "recycling of arguments". Look at this code and its results:

 > (1:10) * (1:2)
# [1]  1  4  3  8  5 12  7 16  9 20

 > (1:10) * (1:3)
# [1]  1  4  9  4 10 18  7 16 27 10
Warning message:
In (1:10) * (1:3) :
   longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length

--
David.