[R] How does one start R within Emacs/ESS with root privileges?

Karl Brand k.brand at erasmusmc.nl
Fri Sep 9 18:19:31 CEST 2011

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and suggestions.

I see now the logic of making use of my user library which doesn't
require root privs. Apparently linux is actually set up to work well -
something i'm not used to from the other OS i've used till now.

And for the rare times i do need to install into the system-wide
library, i think i'll survive in the terminal :P

cheers,

Karl

--
Karl Brand <k.brand at erasmusmc.nl>