[R] Very simple question about list components

Clemontina Alexander ckalexa2 at ncsu.edu
Fri Sep 9 17:01:56 CEST 2011

I have a list 'ans' from the following code:

tt <- rnorm(50)
rr <- rnorm(50)
ans <- lm(rr~tt)

ans[1] is "$coefficients", ans[2] is "$residuals", ans[3] is
"$effects", ... and so on up to ans[12]. Is there an easy way to
display just these names and not the data they contain? I thought I
saw my advisor type "ans$" and they were displayed, but when I tried
it, it just goes to the next line waiting for input like this:

> ans$
+

I know the answer is really simple, but I can't find it.
Thanks!
Tina