[R] Searching the console

andrewH ahoerner at rprogress.org
Thu Sep 8 20:21:26 CEST 2011

Dear Sarah--

I am thinking mainly in terms of long programs run by cut-and-past or some
other batch-like submission, where you can get back a lot of code, some
program outputs, and some error messages, all in a big lump.  I want tl look
through that lump to locate all the error or warning messages, or all the
occurrences of some variable or function that seems to be causing a problem.
In both cases I want to find the result in context.

Is that clearer?

Thanks for your attention.
      andrewH