[R] r-help volcano plot

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 14:28:36 CEST 2011

Duny <anna.dunietz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Use the ggplot2 package in order to make a volcano plot! Check out the
> following book for more information about the package: ggplot2: Elegant
> Graphics for Data Analysis (Use R) by Hadley Wickham.  ggplot2 is great for
> creating professional graphics in no time.
>
> If you look up stat_density in R, you will find the following example at the
> bottom of the page:
>
> # Make a volcano plot
> ggplot(diamonds, aes(x = price))

  [snip snip snip]

  ggplot is indeed great, but that looks like a violin plot and
not a volcano plot.  Unless I'm just confused about the terminology
this looks like a typo in the documentation.
  library("sos"); findFn("{volcano plot}") finds a few other
options, but not many.

   To the original poster: can you show us the actual error message?

  Ben Bolker