[R] p values greater than 1 from lme4

RTSlider rob.t.slider at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:30:43 CEST 2011

Hello,
I'm running linear regressions using the following script where I have
separated out species using the "IDtotsInLn" identifier

x<-read.csv('tbl02TOTSInLn_ENV.csv', header=T)
attach (x)
library(lme4)

rInLn<-lmList(InLn~pMoist | IDtotsInLn, x, pool=F)
write.table(summary(rInLn)$coefficients, "rInLnPlots.csv")
write.table(summary(rInLn)$r.squared, append=T, "rInLnPlots.csv")
write.table(summary(rInLn)$df, append=T, "rInLnPlots.csv")

The script seems to be working for most of the species, but for some it is
returning a p value of greater than 1 (e.g. 20). I thought this might be for
the few cases where the independent variable remained constant, but found
other species where this was not the case and the p value was still much
greater than 1.
Any help would be appreciated
-RTS