[R] Alternatives to integrate?

. . xkziloj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:27:57 CEST 2011

Hi, continuing the improvements...

I've prepared a new code:

ddae <- function(individuals, frac, sad, samp="pois", trunc=0, ...) {
  dots <- list(...)
  Compound <- function(individuals, frac, n.species, sad, samp, dots) {
    print(c("Size:", length(individuals), "Compound individuals:",
individuals, "End."))
    RegDist <- function(n.species, sad, dots) {  # "RegDist" may be
Exponential, Gamma, etc.
      dcom <- paste("d", as.name(sad), sep="")
      dots <- as.list(c(n.species, dots))
      ans <- do.call(dcom, dots)
      return(ans)
    }
    SampDist <- function(individuals, frac, n.species, samp) {  #
"SampDist" may be Poisson or Negative Binomial
      dcom <- paste("d", samp, sep="")
      lambda <- frac * n.species
      dots <- as.list(c(individuals, lambda))
      ans <- do.call(dcom, dots)
      return(ans)
    }
    ans <- RegDist(n.species, sad, dots) * SampDist(individuals, frac,
n.species, samp)
    return(ans)
  }
  IntegrateScheme <- function(Compound, individuals, frac, sad, samp, dots) {
    print(c("Size:", length(individuals), "Integrate individuals:",
individuals))
    ans <- integrate(Compound, 0, 2000, individuals, frac, sad, samp,
dots)$value
    return(ans)
  }
  ans <- IntegrateScheme(Compound, individuals, frac, sad, samp, dots)
  return(ans)
}

ddae(2, 0.05, "exp")

Now I can't understand what happen to "individuals", why is it
changing in value and size? I've tried to "traceback()" and "debug()",
but I was not smart enough to understand what is going on.

Could you, please, give some more help?

Thanks in advance.