[R] Multiple events Cox's model and proportional hazards

natalie.vanzuydam nvanzuydam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:34:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am using the survival package to perform a Cox's regression analysis on
multiple events of myocardial infarctions.  I have been using the Andersen
and Gill model:
coxph(Surv(time1,time2,status)~factor(treatment)+age+sex+cluster(id).

I was just wondering if this model should satisfy proportional hazards
assumptions.  I have run  the cox.zph function and the age parameter
violates the proportional hazards?  What would be the best way to construct
this model.  Should I include time dependent covariates?

Thanks,
Natalie

-----
Natalie Van Zuydam