[R] Newer Matrix Factorization Techniques

Igor Carron igorcarron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:16:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am not sure if this should go to r-help or r-dev list. I have looked
at some archives of R libraries but cannot seem to see a project that
focuses on the new matrix factorization techniques that are showing up
in the literature. I have made a list of them:

https://sites.google.com/site/igorcarron2/matrixfactorizations

they include Robust PCA, Dictionnary Learning, Sparse PCA and are
mostly implemented in Matlab. What is most interesting is that even
though they share the same names with techniques already listed in
some R libraries, they really are implementing very different
algorithms that perform better.

 Here are is question: Is there a repository in the R-world somewhere
that lists new implementations of an algorithm like say robust PCA ?

Thanks in advance,

Igor.