[R] Using functions written in Fortran in R

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Thu Oct 27 22:42:30 CEST 2011

On 28/10/11 01:13, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

<SNIP>
> I think nowadays many Linux distros are no more ready than Windows for
> this.  On Linux, you'll likely need to install development libraries
> and tools; on Windows, the same.  The advantage of Windows is that the
> tools have all been collected in one place
> (www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools), so it's pretty easy to get
> everything going.

<SNIP>

Then  how come Uwe Ligges provides a win.builder facility for Linux users to
build packages for Windoze, but there is no corresponding linux.builder
facility
for Windoze users to build packages for Linux? :-)

[Answer:  There is no need, because package building is a breeze on Linux.
  Even I can do it.]

     cheers,

         Rolf

P. S.  And if Duncan hadn't gone to all the trouble and effort of
collecting the tools
in one place, building packages on Windoze would be impossible for
ordinary mortals.

         R.