[R] lock a package to specific R version

Mehmet Suzen msuzen at mango-solutions.com
Wed Oct 26 15:12:47 CEST 2011

Dear Professor Ripley,

Thank you for the reply. We are maintaining
Internal R packages and build binaries for different
versions of R base, ranging from 2.8.x to 2.13.x
We need to prevent users using "wrong" versions, but
the ones we tested. (we distribute binaries only and package
source base is evolving as well)

Not sure how to address this, initially I was thinking
to put R version in the package version, but package version
in description files only allows x.x.x format which doesn't
give a room.

>I don't see why you would want to do this: why would a package work
>with 2.13.1 and not 2.13.2, or 2.13.2 and not 2.14.0?  Ranges may make
>sense.

Ranges would be much more sensible then "==".

Best Regards,

Mehmet
LEGAL NOTICE
This message is intended for the use o...{{dropped:10}}