[R] RGtk2 problems

Aref arefnammari at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:46:22 CEST 2011

Thank you for the response and I am sorry about the html--will
remember next time.
The version of RGtk2 installed is 2.20.8 I installed it through R from
CRAN repository.
I believe that the problem is that during the installation the
environment variable GTK_BASEPATH was set to some other location than
where GTK+ was installed--overwritten by the R installation process. I
found this after I fixed the issue by copying the libraries into R
\bin. This is probably not the best solution but it works. I will be
updating R soon to 2.14 when it comes out and hopefully things will
work better now that I have the environment variable pointing to the
right place for the GTK+ libraries.