[R] Unlist alternatives?

kickout kyle.kocak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 03:53:09 CEST 2011

dfhfsdhf at ghghgr.com

I ran a simple lme model:

modelrandom=lmer(y~ (1|Test) + (1|strain), data=tempsub)

Extracted the BLUPs:

blups=ranef(modelrandom)[1]

Even wrote myself a nice .csv file....:

write.csv(ranef(modelrandom)[1],paste(x,"BLUPs.CSV"))

This all works great. I end up with a .csv file with the names of my strains
in the first column and the BLUP in the second column....(I am only
concerned with the strains, the second list is the estimates of 'Test').

However i have tried every possible way to unlist 'blups' so that is retains
the names of my strain AND the blups...

Theoretically it should be a 13x2 matrix (one column for blup, other for
strain). However no function i have tried retains the names of the
strains....any ideas?

Tried: unlist, concerting to data.frame or matrix, various plyr
functions....but nothing...

All i want is a matrix in R that has a column of blups and strain