[R] interpreting bootstrap corrected slope [rms package]

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Oct 24 00:34:09 CEST 2011

You also did unaccounted for stepwise selection.  Regarding the proportional
odds assumption, if you assessed it correctly, something that is not
operating proportionally would have to be associated with the outcome for at
least one cutoff of Y, so you could say that you are doing reverse screening
that will need to be accounted for in resampling.
Frank

apeer wrote:

> I guess I must be misunderstanding the point of checking the ordinality
> assumptions prior to fitting a model.  Are you saying that a response
> variable that does not behave in an ordinal fashion can still be included
> in the initial and final model?

-----
Frank Harrell