[R] interpreting bootstrap corrected slope [rms package]

apeer adamcpeer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 13:18:04 CEST 2011

Dr. Harrell,

Thanks for your response.  The predictor variables I initially included in
the model were based on the x mean plots and whether they exhibited
ordinality and whether they appeared to meet the CR assumptions.  Only 7 of
16 potential variables fit that designation and those are the variables I
initially included.  I then used backward variable selection, which selected
3 significant terms.  Does that seem reasonable?

Also, are you saying that if the exceedence probabilites for the middle Y
category have a wide range then keeping the model as is would be fine for
future predictions?

Thanks for your time,
Adam