[R] linking options -lblas

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Sat Oct 22 20:44:07 CEST 2011

Hi all,
I want to install some packages in R in a computer where I haven't root
privilegues, and R is already installed. The system manager is extremely
busy and at the moment I'm afraid that I have to manage my own
installations.

So, I am trying to install 'quadprog' and I'm getting the message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblas
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [quadprog.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'quadpr

on the other hand in the system there is a /usr/lib64/libblas.so.3 but not
a libblas.so. Thus I've created the soft link in my $HOME/lib/libblas.so
and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib

I would expect that 'quadprog' to find the link but the message is still
the same. Please, could you tell me how to specify to "R CMD INSTALL
quadprog" where to find libblas.so?

Thanks in advance,
Javier
---