[R] Specifying Greek Character in Lattice Plot Label

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 21 17:27:33 CEST 2011

   For an axis label I want to include the Greek letter mu within the string.
I've not found the proper way of including that expression within the
string.

   What I want is "Conductivity (uS/cm)" with the 'u' replaced by mu. When I
try "Conductivity (" expression(paste(mu)) "S/cm)" I get an error. If I
don't separate Conductivity and S/cm with parentheses the string
'expression(paste(mu))' displays in the lable.

   What am I doing incorrectly?

Rich