[R] R code Error : Hybrid Censored Weibull Distribution

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:43:14 CEST 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 21:25 , ritwik_r at isical.ac.in wrote:

> Dear Sir/madam,
>
> I'm getting a problem with a R-code which calculate Fisher Information
> Matrix for Hybrid Censored Weibull Distribution. My problem is that:
>
> when I take weibull(scale=1,shape=2) { i.e shape>1} I got my desired
> result but when I take weibull(scale=1,shape=0.5) { i.e shape<1} it gives
> error : Error in integrate(int2, lower = 0, upper = t) : the integral is
> probably divergent. I could not found any theoretical interpretation of
> it. I'm sending the code :

The code doesn't work...

> output=f3(5,10)
Error in f(x, ...) : object 'p' not found

Furthermore, if I guess p=.5, lamda=1, n=10, the code doesn't even break:

> output=f3(5,10)
> output
[1] 1.155917

So what do you expect _us_ to do about it?

I strongly suspect that actually testing the code (in a clean R session) would have revealed issues causing you not to have to submit the post at all...

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor
Phone: (+45)38153501