[R] identifying groups in xyplot

wisc_maier cmaier2 at wisc.edu
Thu Oct 20 22:31:20 CEST 2011

There's a great tutorial online that helped me out a lot - Lattice and Other
Graphics in R, by J H Maindonald at the Centre for Mathematics and Its
Applications at Australian National University.

http://maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm/r-book/2edn/xtras/rgraphics.pdf

I gave my lattice object a name, and then I was able to superimpose changes
via the update fcn. I'm sure there are many other ways to do this, but this
was very simple to follow and delivered results quickly.

Fieldplots = xyplot(Hill.s.diversity ~ Year| Field, group=Management,
layout=c(2,3),
data=summer_pr_avg,
auto.key=TRUE)
Fieldplots
update ( Fieldplots,
main="Hill's evenness by Field, June 09-11",
par.settings = simpleTheme (pch=c(1 ,3 ,4)))