[R] Importing all observations and variables from csv file into dataframe

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:09:24 CEST 2011

You aren't reading the file in at all: notice that,

> summary("MooGoesTheCow",header=TRUE,as.is=TRUE)
   Length     Class      Mode
        1 character character

This is because you are asking for a summary of the string containing
the file name, not the file itself.

Rather, use

X = read.csv("C:\\Documents\\R_dfiles\\H_N_T.csv",header=TRUE,as.is=TRUE)

and then start looking at X which will be an R object (data frame most
likely) storing all the values of the spreadsheet.

Hope this helps,

Michael