[R] iplots

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Oct 15 15:25:34 CEST 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 6:32 AM, <fernando.cabrera at nordea.com> <fernando.cabrera at nordea.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to plot a scatterplot with lines instead of with points using function iplot in library iplots.
>
> The best I can come up with is
>
> x =(1:100)
> y = rnorm(100)
> iplot(x,y,ptDiam=0)
> ilines(x,y)
>
> Do you guys know of any paramter to set the "type" in iplot or iplot.opt?

No, the linking is done for the points so ty='l' doesn't make any sense in that case. It seems that you are trying to create a different plot, not a scatterplot. Note that in Acinonyx (iPlots eXtreme) you can use its() for time series or hit "L" in a scatter plot to get lines for subsequent observations  - which assumes the correct order in the data set (first by grouping variables and time last).

Cheers,
Simon