[R] help to ... import the data from Excel

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 02:37:55 CEST 2011

On Oct 14, 2011, at 7:37 PM, Sarah_R_edu wrote:

> */David/*
>
> i used the following command :
>
> z <-
> read.xls(file="C:\\Users\\user\\Desktop\
> \LTS.xls",colNames=FALSE,rowNames=FALSE)

As I pointed out earlier this would have produced an error on my
system because the arguemtnts do not exist in eitehr read.xls or
read.table ,,,, and you are asked to report verbatim all error messages.

> z <- read.table(file="C:\\Users\\user\\Desktop\\LTS.xls")
>
> and i have the packages : xlsReadWrite and gdata , my R version is
> 2.13.2
> (2011-09-30)
>
> but all these did not got me any result !

How do we know "this did not get you a result". Any errors? Warnings?
What does these show after:

ls()   # z should be in there
str(z)  # information about z

(It seems possible that you do not understand that objects might get
created without any message about that fact.)

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT