[R] pgfSweave-example not compiling

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Fri Oct 14 04:30:43 CEST 2011

OK, that is really helpful for diagnosis. In line 436 of your tex
file, there is an NA, but it should really be this:

}% this brace ends the effect of ‘include external’

So the reason for LaTeX failure was this missing bracket }. And the
reason for R to output NA here is most likely to be that in the LaTeX
comment here, there are curly quotes, which are not ASCII characters.
To solve the problem, you can either delete these non-ASCII
characters, or tell Sweave that your encoding is not latin1, but UTF8.
The latter way may not be directly possible, and this is why I brought
up the issue to pgfSweave developers:
https://github.com/cameronbracken/pgfSweave/issues/34

Regards,
Yihui