[R] getting data associated with coordinates in a spatial data frame

Bailey, Daniel bailed at spu.edu
Thu Oct 13 20:05:51 CEST 2011

Thank you Sarah. I tried your suggestion, and if I coerce it into a normal data.frame, that method works. But if you've already made the data into a SpatialPixelsDataFrame and run coordinates (both from the package "sp") so that the columns "x" and "y" become a single column "coordinates" with the format (0, 17) for x and y, how do you then call or manipulate data at a specific location?

The following:
e[e$coordinates==(0,17),]
Doesn't work.