[R] about the gee function

ozgurasar oasar at metu.edu.tr
Thu Oct 13 09:51:56 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I have been using the gee package, but I have some questions digging into my
mind.

I am wondering that how the gee function deals with an unbalanced
longitudinal design, i.e how it distinguishes the time information of the
repeated measures. In the gee function options, only the id information of
the clusters is needed but the time information does not. Similarly, if the
data has missing values the function deletes the corresponding row and then
it combines the former and latter rows (time points). I am wondering that
how it recognizes the time point of the deleted rows and distinguishes it
from the time point of the latter row. Lastly, does the function is
convenient for irregular longitudinal designs?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Ozgur

Ozgur ASAR