[R] large numbers

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Oct 12 23:52:33 CEST 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 3:16 PM, Veerappa Chetty wrote:

> Hi,
> When I import an excel "CSV" file, large numbers such as "
> 43988014.3" is
> imported as "43988014", leaving out the decimal ".4". How to import
> keeping
> the fraction?

"Import from Excel" is a vague problem statement. It's also kind of
odd that you have a leading space iside the quotes in the example.
Makes me wonder if you got numbers somehow "factorized" because of non-
numeric entries in the "csv" file. Why not show the code used to do it
_and_  str() on the object? Or even better dput from a row with a
"large number"?

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT