[R] Multiple levelplot with title

Richard O. Legendi richard.legendi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:30:51 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to R and to the mailing list, so please bear with me :-)

I would like to create multiple levelplots on the same chart with a nice
main title with something like this:

   print(levelplot(matrix(c(1,2,3,4), 2, 2)), split=c(1, 1, 2, 1))
   print(levelplot(matrix(c(1,2,3,4), 2, 2)), split=c(2, 1, 2, 1),
         newpage=FALSE)

I found a trick:

   mtext("Test", outer = TRUE, cex = 1.5)

here:

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-July/168163.html

but it doesn't works for me.

Could anyone please show me some pointers what should I read in order to
get an insight why this isn't working as I expect?

What I managed to find a workaround by using panel.text(), but I don't
really like it since it requires defined x/y coordinates and not scales
if the picture is resized.

	panel.text(x=20, y=110, "Test")

Thanks in advance!
Richard