[R] HWEBayes, swapping the homozygotes genotype frequencies

stat999 yumik091186 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 01:52:54 CEST 2011

 I evaluated the Bayes factor in the k=2 allele case with a "triangular"
prior under the null as in the example in the help file:

HWETriangBF2(nvec=c(88,10,2))
[1] 0.4580336

When I swap the n11 entry and n22 entry of nvec, I received totally
different Bayes factor:

> HWETriangBF2(nvec=c(2,10,88))
[1] 5.710153

In my understanding, defining the genotype frequency as n11 or n22 are
arbitrary.
So I was expecting the same value of Bayes factor.

This is the case for conjugate Dirichlet prior:
>DirichNormHWE(nvec=c(88,10,2), c(1,1))/DirichNormSat(nvec=c(88,10,2),
c(1,1,1))
[1] 1.542047
>DirichNormHWE(nvec=c(2,10,88), c(1,1))/DirichNormSat(nvec=c(2,10,88),
c(1,1,1))
[1] 1.542047

Could you explain why the HWETriangBF2 is returining completely different
values of Bayes Factor??