[R] RStudio and findFn{sos}

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Fri Oct 7 16:49:46 CEST 2011

On 10/7/2011 7:05 AM, Ben Bolker wrote:
> Heverkuhn Heverkuhn<heverkuhn<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
> [snip]
>> when I launch findFn from RStudio ( but not from R
>> console)
>> the table of results does not pop in the browser and I got a warning.
>>
>> findFn("test")
>> found 9914 matches;  retrieving 20 pages, 400 matches.
>> 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
>>
>> Warning message:
>> In parseHTML(href) : NAs introduced by coercion
>>
>    I experienced this problem (but with a different error).
> I think sos just doesn't work from within Rstudio: see
>
> http://support.rstudio.org/help/discussions/problems/
>    947-findfn-from-the-sos-package-again
>
>   (URL broken to make gmane's 80-column limit happy)

Hi, Ben, et al.:  If anyone can contribute a patch to sos so it will
work under RStudio, I can get it into sos and released to CRAN as fast
as it is reasonable to move.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to
investigate this myself, however.  ("sos" is on R-Forge.R-Project.org
with the RSiteSearch project there.)  Please contact me offline if you
are interested.  Thanks, Spencer Graves