[R] converting commas to points

Anna Lee ana-lee at web.de
Thu Oct 6 17:39:46 CEST 2011

Hello everyone!

I work with a german excell version which uses commas instead of
points for seperating decimal places. R work with points so in order
to be able to save my excell tables without changing the commas to
points, whenever I load a table I type in: read.table(..., dec = ",")
only R puts the points into the wron places. For excample excell has a
cell with the number: 0,09 so what R does, it writes the number as 0.9
which is wrong and makes my calculations become useless.

Does anyone know this problem? Maby I made a mistake somewhere?

I would be glad about your answers!

Cheers, Anna

--

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Sollte Ihnen die E-Mail
irrtümlich zugesandt worden sein, bitte ich Sie, mich unverzüglich zu

This e-mail is confidential. If you have received it in error, please
notify me immediately and delete it from your system.