[R] error messages

Joyce Flynt dr.joyceflynt at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 12:06:18 CEST 2011

Im doing a project using Rcommander. I have a dataset with 5 variables, BMI being one of them. I would like to find the variance, standard deviation, range, median, etc of BMI. However, everytime I type a command into the script window, (such as var(BMI$BMI,na.rm=TRUE) )an error message pops up saying Object "BMI" not found. I can graph it, work it, do t-test, etc,. It's listed as one of the variables in the data set. So I don't understand why it cant find BMI. Thanks