[R] A question about R image function

JeffND Zuofeng.Shang.5 at nd.edu
Wed Oct 5 19:44:18 CEST 2011

Dear folks,

I have a question about the image() function in R. I found the following
link talking about this
but the replies didn't help with my situations.

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/question-on-image-function-td839275.html#a839276

To be simple, I will keep using the example in the above link.

Suppose the data are like

         x                y              mcpvalue
0.4603578     0.6247629       1.001
0.4603715     0.6247788        1.001
0.4603852     0.6247948       1.001
0.4110561     0.5664841       0.995

So we have four points with coordinates given by the four pairs of (x,y)
values.
Each point is associated with a mcpvalue.

How do we use image() to plot "mcpvalue" as a two-dimensional plot?
I hope that the points are positioned by the coordinates and the color of
each point
in that plot is changing with the value of mcpvalue.

Using image() does not work as the coordinates of the points
are not ascending.

Thanks a lot!
Jeff