[R] [Workshop] Finance with R

Peter Ruckdeschel peter.ruckdeschel at web.de
Tue Oct 4 17:49:57 CEST 2011

The Financial Mathematics department of Fraunhofer ITWM
is offering a two-days workshop on Finance with R:

%-----------------------------------------------------
[Workshop] Finance with R
%-----------------------------------------------------

Oct 20, 2011, 10:00-17:00 and
Oct 21, 2011,  9:00-16:00

Fraunhofer ITWM, Fraunhofer-Platz 1, 67663 Kaiserslautern,
Germany

%-----------------------------------------------------
Scope and purpose
%-----------------------------------------------------

This workshop provides an introduction to R for professionals
and academics in Finance.

It gives an insight into possibilities of data analysis and
statistics with R, import of data sets, generation of graphics
and preparation of reports, according to their relevance
in Finance.

Besides providing insight into financial modeling in R, in
particular we demonstrate the use of the Rmetrics family
of R packages as well as an R bridge to the Quantlib library.
We also cover integration of R into Excel, interaction with
Matlab, and import from Bloomberg.

%------------------------
Benefits of attending
%------------------------

The workshop provides insight into statistical models and
concepts in R which are useful for various problems arising
in Finance.

The attendees will be able to import datasets into R, analyze
them statistically and apply concepts from time series modeling.

In practical sessions, the attendees will learn and practice
how to use R.

The fee for the workshop is 500 EUR.

For further details, see
http://www.itwm.fraunhofer.de/en/departments/financial-mathematics/events/2011-workshop-series.html

Peter Ruckdeschel

--
Dr. habil. Peter Ruckdeschel, Abteilung Finanzmathematik, F3.17
Fraunhofer ITWM, Fraunhofer Platz 1, 67663 Kaiserslautern
E-Mail :  peter.ruckdeschel at itwm.fraunhofer.de
http://www.itwm.fraunhofer.de/abteilungen/finanzmathematik/mitarbeiterinnen/mitarbeiter/dr-peter-ruckdeschel.html