[R] cannot install.packages("data.table")

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Tue Oct 4 11:08:39 CEST 2011

Assuming you can install other packages ok, data.table depends on
R >=2.12.0. Which version of R do you have?

_If_ that's the problem, does anyone know if anything prevents
R's error message from stating which dependency isn't satisfied? I think
I've seen users confused by this before, for other packages too.

Matthew

"Emmanuel Mayssat" <emayssat at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:CACB6ZmCTdRJKBfTQrW+tv2owPtRkGwYTc_-HVVtGUZwu9Gq7TA at mail.gmail.com...
Hello,

I am new at R.
I am trying to see if R can work for me.
I need to do database like lookup (select * from table where
name=='toto') and work with matrix (transpose, add columns, remove
rows, etc).
It seems that the data.table package can help.
http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=packages:cran:data.table

I installed R and ...

> install.packages("data.table")
Warning in install.packages("data.table") :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library'
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘data.table’ is not available

> install.packages()
doesn't show the package.

where can I find it?