[R] Understanding the workflow between sweave, R and Latex

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:47:25 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> As an aside, I don't recommend the workflow you describe:  it's very slow
> and cumbersome.  It's much better to tell your text editor how to run both
> Sweave and Latex in one command.  In the upcoming release of R 2.14.0, this

Another approach is to use LyX. The latest stable release comes with
an Sweave module that provides out-of-the box support for Sweave
documents. Once everything is configured, and on a Mac it should be
fairly straightforward in this case, then compiling documents is
usually a matter of pressing a button or activating a key combination.
LyX takes care of a lot of automation for you, including BibTeX et al.

Regards
Liviu