[R] Weird Excel Time Format

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 29 19:50:20 CET 2011

On 11/29/2011 01:39 PM, Hasan Diwan wrote:
> On 29 November 2011 10:26, Jeff Newmiller<jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us>  wrote:
>
>> For my part, I highly recommend exporting to CSV before importing to R.
>
> Will look into doing so...

I don't think this point can be stressed enough.  I have had too many
bad experiences with dates in excel, especially when multiple computers
are involved.  When someone has data in excel, I now require them to
make the csv file on their system and manually verify the dates but
opening the file in notepad.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)