[R] Read TXT file with variable separation

Jan van der Laan rhelp at eoos.dds.nl
Tue Nov 29 12:24:25 CET 2011

Raphael,

This looks like fixed width format which you can read with read.fwf.

In fixed width format the columns are not separated by white space (or
other characters), but are identified by the positition in the file.
So in your file, for example the first field looks to contained in the
first 2 columns of your file (the first 2 characters of every line),
the second field in the next five columns, etc.

Regards,
Jan