[R] Negative exponential fit

rch4 rch4 at geneseo.edu
Tue Nov 29 04:09:22 CET 2011

We need help....

We are doing a project for a statistical class in and we are looking at
world record times in different running events over time. We are trying to
fit the data with a negative exponential but we just cant seem to get a
function that works properly.
we have on our x-axis the date and on the y-axis the time(in seconds). So as
you can imagine, the times have decreased and appear to be approaching a
limit. Any ideas for a nls function that would work for us would be greatly
appreciated.

Rob