[R] regarding bayesian quantile regression r pkg mirror for india and its code

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 14:38:45 CET 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 5:38 AM, narendarreddy kalam wrote:

> sir,
> i am trying to install r package  Bayesian quantile regression   but
> i am
> facing  with following problem which says
>
> forPlease select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.6

I'm guessing that there was no such package back in the year when 2.6
was a current version (perhaps 2007?). The current major version of R
is 2.14, so you should be looking at http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.14/

> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.6
> Error in install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1], dependencies = NA,
> type =
> type) :
>  no packages were specified

Furthermore you didn't specify a package. There is a package by the
name 'bayesQR' in the current directory of binary windows packages at
that mirror.

> In addition: Warning message:
> In open.connection(con, "r") :
>  unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.
> what is the cran mirror for that package in  India.
> let me know the link for code of that package.

What package? I dod not see a package name anywhere in your question.
Is your version number for R really 2.6? Whgt are the results from:

  sessionInfo()

If it is 2.6, then you should first update R to a current version.
Then install your packages.