[R] SPSS -> R

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Nov 26 20:19:58 CET 2011

Dear Kristi,

I assume that this is a repeated-measures ANOVA with one within-subjects
factor (Time) and two between-subjects factors (Age and Sex, which are
crossed). If Age is numeric, and not a factor, then the "type-III" tests
that you requested don't test sensible hypotheses. In any event, if my guess
is right about the design, then you can use the Anova() function in the car
package for an equivalent analysis. See the repeated-measures example in
?Anova (for the O'Brien and Kaiser data).

You've already had an answer to the more general question.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Senator William McMaster