[R] Making vowelplot() (from the vowels pkg) work

allisons allison.sliter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:19:47 CET 2011

Hello everyone.  I've got some acoustic data I want to display for a project
in my linguistics class.

The vowels pkg supposedly does precisely what I need, but even the samples
given in the documentation won't run on my system.

Package and example is here:
http://ncslaap.lib.ncsu.edu/tools/norm/package/html/vowels-package.html

I get the error that indicates a mismatch between the argument parameters of
my call and of the function but I can't seem to figure out what's different
- I went into the vowels.r file and looked at the particular function and
there seems to be no difference between my call and the function (I'll
repeat that what I'm trying to run is the example code from the
documentation)

I know it's not the whole system as the
norm.[differingNormalizationMethodologies]() functions do seem to work.
It's the vowelplot() that I'm having trouble with.

I tried emailing the maintainer listed in the package description - the
email is not active.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks