[R] Thank you

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Nov 24 15:43:58 CET 2011

... and while I am at it, as this is the U.S. Thanksgiving...

My sincere thanks to the many R developers and documenters who
contribute large amounts of their personal time and effort to
developing, improving, and enhancing the accessibility of R for data
analysis and science. I believe it is fair to say that R has had as
much or more impact than Gosset's Student's T, and I fear that
academics who do much of this work do not receive the professional
recognition they deserve. I continue to be amazed and humbled by their
high quality and consummate professionalismism -- I could not live
without R.

Kind regards and best wishes to all,

-- Bert

--