[R] Binned line plot

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:08:35 CET 2011

Hi Jeffrey,

See ?factor ?rep and ?cut  basically you just need to create another
variable that indicates what bin a point belongs to, and then you just
do regular plots.  If you want to mix the scatterplot and the binned
points, you'll need to make sure the bins fall somehwere in the same
space.  Once you have a variable indicating the bins.  You could
center the bins at the mean, median, or ... for each set of points
using ?ave.

Cheers,

Josh