[R] ANOSIM boxplot problem

arivald rzepus.m at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 18:09:59 CET 2011

Hello!

I have a binary data from DGGE gel with 20 samples.
These samples are divided into 4 groups, so there are 4(groups) x
5(replicas) = 20.

I used ANOSIM method, and everything is ok but ... I have a problem with
boxplot...
like this:
________________
distance <- vegdist(dgge2, method="jaccard")
anosim(distance, var$Treatment)
anosim <- anosim(distance, var$Treatment)
plot(anosim, main = "ANOSIM test", xlab="Treatment", ylab="Distance")

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4092261/anosim.jpeg

Warning message:
In bxp(list(stats = c(5.5, 56, 109, 141.25, 171, 5.5, 24, 24, 78.5,  :
some notches went outside hinges ('box'): maybe set notch=FALSE

My question is, it is possible to straighten this graph?
If You have some better ideas how to compare these 4 groups basing on
similarities, please tell me!