[R] R and Tinn-R communication problems

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 18 21:22:08 CET 2011

I have a couple of Tinn-R problems that I hope someone may be able to make some suggestions about or point me to a Tinn-R source.  So far I have not found anything particularly relevant by googling on Tinn-R.

NOTE:  Just to be on the safe side I uninstalled both R and Tinn-R , ran some cleanup and registry cleaner software and still am having the problems.

Problem One
Tinn-R  2.3.7.1
R  2.13.0

R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252    LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C                    LC_TIME=English_Canada.1252

attached base packages:

 l cannot sent more than one line of code to R without getting the error message below. It was working okay. Presumably I've accidentally reset something but I don't see what.

“Error in source(.trPaths[5], echo = TRUE, max.deparse.length = 150) :
  object '.trPaths' not found”

UPGRADE TO R 2.14.0

Can no longer sent anything to independent session of R.  Rather everything goes to R=Term loaded in Tinn-R 2.3.7.1.  I can live with this but don't like it.  Can anyone point me to a Tinn-R site that may help.

Continuation of  Problem One under R 2.14.0
Same problem as before in the R-Term window: Cannot send multiple lines of code  but, now,  no error message. Just the cryptic line:
source(.trPaths[5], echo=TRUE, max.deparse.length=150)

Additional problem
Cut and Paste into R-Term window does not work.  I don't know if it should but it leaves me with a line by line submission routine. ARGH!

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_Canada.1252

attached base packages: