[R] RV: Reporting a conflict between ADMB and Rtools on Windows systems

Jan van der Laan rhelp at eoos.dds.nl
Thu Nov 17 10:24:02 CET 2011

I assume you use a command window to build your packages. One possible
solution might be to leave out the path variables set by Rtools from
your global path and to create a separate shortcut to cmd for building
r-packages where you set your path as needed by R CMD build/check

Something like

cmd /K "PATH
c:\Rtools\bin;c:\Rtools\MinGW\bin;c:\Rtools\MinGW64\bin;C:\Program Files
(x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin"

(I haven't tried this so it might need some tinkering to get it to
actually work)

HTH

Jan