[R] return only pairwise correlations greater than given value

B77S bps0002 at auburn.edu
Thu Nov 17 06:58:59 CET 2011

Thanks Michael,

I just started on the following code (below), and realized I should as as
this might exist.

basically what I'd like is for the function to return (basically) what you
just suggested, plus the names of the two variables (I suppose pasted
together would be good).

I hope that is clear.

#
sig.cor <- function(dat, r, ...){

cv2 <- data.frame(cor(dat))
var.names <- rownames(cv2)

list.cv2 <- which(cv2 >=r | cv2 <= -r, arr.ind=T)
cor.r <- cv2[list.cv2[which(list.cv2 [,"row"]!=list.cv2 [,"col"]),]]
cor.names <- var.names[list.cv2[which(list.cv2 [,"row"]!=list.cv2

return(cor.r)

}