[R] package installtion

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Thu Nov 17 01:04:51 CET 2011

On 17/11/11 05:37, Scott Raynaud wrote:
> That might be an option if it weren't my most important predictor.  I'm thinking my best bet is to use MLWin for the estimation since it will properly set fixed effects
>   to 0.  All my other sample size simulation programs use SAS PROC IML which I don't have/can't afford.  I like R since it's free, but I can't work around the problem
> I'm currently having.

This is the ``push every possible button until you get a result and to
hell with what
anything actually means'' approach to statistics.   The probability of
getting a
*meaningful* result from this approach is close to zero.

Why don't you try to *understand* what is going on, rather than wildly
throwing
every possible piece of software at the problem until one such piece runs?

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner