[R] equal spacing of the polygons in levelplot key (lattice)

Andy Bunn Andy.Bunn at wwu.edu
Wed Nov 16 19:27:50 CET 2011

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dennis Murphy [mailto:djmuser at gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:54 PM
> To: Andy Bunn
> Cc: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] equal spacing of the polygons in levelplot key
> (lattice)
>
> Hi:
>
> Does this work?

Thanks Dennis.

This almost works. Is there a way to make the rectangles in the key the same size? In this example five rectangles of the same area evenly arrayed? Can the key be coerced into being categorical?

The data I want to work with are not spatial but it occurs to me that this is a common mapping task (e.g., in this example you might want to label these colors 'low', 'kind of low', 'medium low', etc. or map land covers or such.) I'll look at the sp or raster plotting equivalent.